Saturday, December 22, 2012

What a difference a year makes...

One year ago today, I got a phone call from the perinatologist that turned my world upside down and shook my faith to the core.  I was told that our baby girl had Down Syndrome.  I cried and lamented and begged God for it not to be happening.  I would have told you it was the worst day of my life.

But one short year later, I cry tears of joy!

I cannot believe the blessing that we have been given in our sweet Vallyn Grace.  I could never have fathomed last December 22nd just how happy this little girl could make me.  I thank God every single day (multiple times!) for the gift He has given us.

Miracles are everywhere.  They are out there.  But you have to look.  And believe.

Because at first, they may not seem to be miracles at all...

1 comment:

  1. Cassie! You are blessed. And you are a blessing. I cannot wait to read all your wonderful thoughts and musings.

    ReplyDelete